Investors want to find deals and close them. Companies need capital to keep moving their businesses forward. Both want opportunities to connect with each other. Once they match their interests, they need experienced legal counsel who possess strong business acumen, who are prepared to work cooperatively to get deals done and who share their driving desire to close deals quickly and efficiently.
Attorneys in Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Private Equity/Venture Capital Practice structure innovative, tax-advantaged deals. When a group of management employees learned of an opportunity to buy a division of a large international conglomerate, for instance, the Firm’s attorneys identified investors and helped the employees raise the capital to fund the acquisition. With the Firm’s support, the new owners turned around the company and sold it to a public company for a six times return on the initial investment – all in just three years.
The members of the Private Equity/Venture Capital team are especially adept at transactions involving investments into corporations and operating company LLCs. The team is connected with the private equity, venture capital and technology sectors throughout Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s 15 offices that stretch down the East Coast from Boston to Miami and extend into the Midwest by way of Chicago. These connections have led to mutually beneficial relationships between both early and later stage companies with private equity and venture capital funds, angel investors, individual investors, state agencies and other sources of funding throughout the region.
Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Private Equity/Venture Capital Practice has experience advising:
- Early and later stage companies in diverse industries, including software, IT, computer hardware, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, environmental and energy
- Large and mid-market private equity funds and sponsors
- Lenders in private financings involving mezzanine debt
- Venture funds
- Angel groups and super-angels
- Individual investors
- Family offices
Business and Finance
The group includes attorneys who have been named to the following lists:
- Chambers - Corporate M&A and Private Equity
- Super Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review, employing a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services.
- Franchise Law BTI Client Services All-Star Team – M&A All Star
Each year, BTI Consulting Group reaches out to a sample of legal decision makers at large organizations with $1 billion or more in revenue. BTI Client Service All-Stars draws on data collected in BTI’s ongoing Annual Survey of General Counsel.
- Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards
- MIT Enterprise Forum
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
- Allegheny Conference Regional Investor
- Southeastern Economic Development Counsel of Pennsylvania